Thursday, February 22, 2007

Type A

The other night, we got on the topic of personality types. The idea of labelling and grouping people into neat little categories feels a little bit funny to me. But some classifications are obvious. See, I'm obviously a Type A personality. And I rather obviously lean toward the Choleric. But those are easy, and they only tell you a little bit about who I am.

Last year, when I was working with a career counsellor, I had to complete some pretty extensive testing to try to pigeonhole me - and I think it might have worked. When I got my Myers-Briggs score back from the tester, I was pretty weirded out.

Turns out I'm a pretty neat little ENFJ. Which means that I'm... Oprah. There were some very funny observations on the internet when I googled my 'type.' And some that were just a little bit uncomfortable. All my secrets were laid bare for the world to see - which is something that I hate quite legitimately, given my personality type. Argh. See what I mean?!

Oh, and the number one job for an ENFJ? Advertising account executive :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 23, 2007 2:10 PM, Blogger ka said...

What's wrong with Type A personalities? Who do you come to when you want stuff done?? :)

 
At February 23, 2007 3:14 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Nothing wrong with them at all :)

I suspect 'radio station program director' may have also been on that list... If not, I'm sure it was just an oversight. You should boss some Type B to fix that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home