Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Inside and Out

I did it, world. I went to the gym last night.

Honestly? It was hard. I sat in my car in the parking lot for a minute or two, working up the courage to go inside. And by the time I was halfway through my workout, I was exhausted and wanting to quit. But I didn't. I did every single machine, I just worked some of them slowly - I figured it was better than nothing.

After I survived the gym, I did something else for me: I went over to Anja's place for tea. It was so good. She is one of those friends who you can have a three-hour, totally real conversation with - and you're totally shocked that three hours have passed.

So, I'm feeling like I did a whole bunch of good things for Lindsay yesterday. My body is a little sore - but mostly a good, 'hey, you worked out!' sore. And my heart is happy.

(Whatever happened to Feist? I love this song...)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At February 28, 2007 2:52 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Good for you! I'm proud of you for following through. It's so hard to overcome our minds (...or the weather, or the money, or the time...hmmm...).

 
At February 28, 2007 3:59 PM, Blogger jenUnderscore_ said...

Braver than I!

I was supposed to start the gym this week... but then I was sick... so I didn't. Today, I'm not sick... still am not going after work...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home