Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Excessive Musings of a Domestic Diva

I did something CRAZY this month... I switched brands of laundry soap. And I made it count because not only did I switch brands, I switched forms - from powder to liquid.

You don't understand. I have used the same kind of laundry soap since I first moved out of my parents' house six years ago. And it was the same kind my mom used. But in a fit of rebellion, I leaped outside my comfort zone and I took the plunge. And I'm not going back. Because you know what? I don't like powdered laundry soap. I didn't know that until this month, but I don't. I like pouring the liquid stuff into the cap, and I especially like the satisfying way it goops all over my dry, dirty clothes.

It's funny what you learn about yourself, after you've been on your own for a while. It turns out that I prefer the orange scented dish soap to any other kind. I hate the kind that smells like apples.

And it's not limited to soap :)

I love washing the dishes, but I hate to dry them. I don't like to vacuum. I can tolerate clutter almost anywhere - but not on my kitchen counter. I hate folding clothes. I especially hate matching up socks. I seriously enjoy the occasional purge of my refrigerator - it's so satisfying to see it sparkly clean and organized. I love cooking and - much to my surprise - I actually kind of like going to the grocery store.

There are a hundred thousand quirky little things I hate and a hundred thousand quirky little things I love. But they all fall into the category of 'things I didn't know about myself when I was eighteen.'

And that, friends, is a quirky little thing I love.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At February 27, 2007 7:27 PM, Blogger ka said...

Welcome to liquid soap. You WILL never go back.

And none of us knew anything at 18. It's a sad reality that we can only realize when we're not 18 anymore.

Like, you wouldn't BELIEVE how much smarter my Mom is today compared to 10 years ago... :)

 
At February 27, 2007 11:29 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Ooh, a Donna joke? On MY blog? I'm so honoured :)

I don't know about you, but I would NOT choose to be 18 again. I liked 18 when I was 18, but I wouldn't go back unless I could take everything I know now with me.

 
At March 03, 2007 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH for liquid soap - I changed 5 years ago and have never regretted one load.

Maggie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home