Wednesday, February 21, 2007

ChronicBabe.com

Super huge thanks to Geoff and Marilyn, who've turned me on to a new website, ChronicBabe. It's a website full of resources and support for young women who live with chronic disease - and it's all positive and really upbeat, which is such a nice change! It's run by a 25 year old with fibromyalgia. Just a few minutes on the site filled me with hope and smiles.

An excerpt:
I realized the choice I'd made in that moment was to protect myself... When I argue with a naysayer, I get emotional, my body gets tense, and then I hurt. It was a choice between arguing with her (to no great end) and having it ruin my night, or ending the moment and having a great time. I chose the great time. And it was a good choice in the moment, because I should make the choice to take care of myself. Who wants to hurt all night because of an argument with some jerk? This morning, looking back, I kind of wish I had argued with her, explained that I'm one of those awful, wretched souls for whom she clearly has no compassion. And shock of shocks - I'm also a successful, happy, fulfilled person, one who contributes to society, one who deserves to have her dreams come true. Oh, and bite me.

Clearly, I'm not the only one who's felt this way. I feel so... NORMAL.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home