Monday, February 19, 2007

Treasure Hunting

I am normally not a finder of good deals. My mennonite ancestors would be ashamed. I live up to very few of the stereotypes - if any. But I must say that I did VERY well at the Chapters sales tables last week.

For $22, I (legally) walked away with:
- Design in Canada
- The Darling
- A book on Modern Art
- A book on Impressionism
- The Best Time to do Everything

Between that and my post-Christmas book buying binge (the Jennifer Weiner short story book, The Memory Keeper's Daughter, and a few other goodies), I've got enough to keep me happy for at least a couple more weeks. In any case, they help to fill that annoying gap in time between Conan's opening monologue and the start of The Daily Show.

I read The Memory Keeper's Daughter this weekend, cover to cover (one of the only benefits of illness). I do not remember the last time that happened, but let me tell you - it was glorious. I only wish I'd been healthy enough to truly enjoy the moment.

Finishing one book certainly means that I can justify yet another book purchase. Now if only I had a library to keep them all in... ;)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 19, 2007 4:12 PM, Blogger ka said...

Oh, we're so cool. Both of us posted book blogs independant of each other.

We're such kindred spirits... :)

 
At February 19, 2007 5:18 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Yes, I'm sure that COOL was the word they were all looking for... :P

 
At February 19, 2007 7:35 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I bought more books this weekend, too. Like I needed any more. Enjoy your new ones!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home