Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sick, Sick Girl

My official list of things that do not help to stop coughing:
- Cough suppressant drops
- Lying down
- Sitting up
- Those antiseptic anesthetic drops
- Codeine
- Steaming my head
- Tylenol Cold
- NeoCitran Cough & Cold
- Benylin 'Dry Cough' syrup

... or any combination thereof.

My sweet boyfriend did his best to make me happy and take my mind off my misery. I'm lucky to be with him, on February 14 or any other day. He brought me chocolates, took care of my car, and attempted to distract me with a movie (that I coughed my way through). Alas, I've been home and in bed since just before 10 pm - following my stop-off at Safeway for more cold-fighting supplies. Oh well.

Here's hoping I can manufacture some sort of pause in my coughing tonight, just long enough to doze off once or twice. I don't think it's asking too much...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At February 14, 2007 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Admit it....you're sick! AND it won't be over in 3 days. My hubby is glad that he can finally sleep at night - he really did cough for 2 weeks and actually missed 3 days of school which is something he has never done in over 30 years of teaching (yes, I am married to a MUCH older man!!!!)

mdw

 
At February 15, 2007 8:17 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

No! No No No! I don't want to be sick!

The coughing is slightly less today (though last night was still nasty), but my throat - from the back of my mouth to the middle of my chest - feels like it's bleeding and burning at the same time. Sorry, that's gross. But it's true.

If I'm not better by tomorrow morning, I'll take Friday off. Happy? :P

L

 
At February 15, 2007 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taking a day off is good for everyone (I'm not sure about the environment) - you don't spread that nasty bug to all your co-workers....so taking a day off makes you a more caring person. Nothing wrong with that is there?

mdw

 
At February 15, 2007 9:32 AM, Blogger Erin said...

the best thing for this nasty thing going around is rest and lots of it. i know! it took me 2 weeks to shake it, but be encouraged...it does end. eventually. i hope you get some good sleep soon, it makes a world of difference. i'll pray for you tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home