Sunday, January 21, 2007

Adventures in Snow

Today was full, but so much fun.

We started out at Geoff's church. It was my first time there, and it was really different from my church (read: all hymns, no drums) but still felt really comfortable. Lots of people came and introduced themselves, and just made me feel very welcome. The hymns were actually kind of a cool change. I hadn't heard most of them before, so it's a good thing I can read music so I didn't look like a total loser. At the end of the day, it was just a different kind of worship through music, and it's really challenged me to think about the way I communicate with God.

It was gorgeous today (for Winnipeg in January), so we picked up lunch and set out to find a good place to eat it. We ended up 'discovering' this wooden fort at the base of the Esplanade Riel where a couple of college-age guys were dressed up like voyageurs, cooking bannock over a fire and serving hot chocolate. Perfect. After we ate, we ventured across the bridge to The Forks and kind of wandered for a while. On the way back to the bridge, we passed the skating trail on the river - and noticed something peculiar. A sign for Snow Mini Golf. Who could resist? Not even Lindsay in (yep) three inch heels.

I took a road trip out to Niverville in the evening for our young adults coffeehouse, which is always a good time. I drove Cait home after, and it was really great to get to spend some time with her. And now I'm home, getting ready for bed, but feeling incredibly distracted by the Miami Ink marathon on tv... Argh. Every time I watch this show, I want to make my tattoo bigger. Tough to resist. Until I realize that anything more than the small, tasteful one I have right now would look ridiculous on me - I'm way too preppy and prissy. Oh well.

Geoff pointed out recently that I'd better have translated the tattoo correctly, otherwise I'm going to look pretty dumb in Greece this year... I think it means 'grace.' I hope it means 'grace.' It would be somewhat less than hilarious if it ends up meaning 'grease' - or anything other than what I wanted it to mean :)

L


Geoff, owning the Snow Mini Golf course this afternoon
(we quickly dubbed it 'snolf')

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 22, 2007 2:13 PM, Blogger ka said...

Who are you and what have you done with my friend Lindsay?

Mind you, the heels-while-golfing suggest that you could be a very close relative...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home