Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Something Old, Something New

Two very significant things happened in my world this week.

For the first time in my entire life, in my entire history of dating relationships (um, let's not comment on that any further), Lindsay noted and remembered an anniversary. Geoff and I talked for quite a while before we actually had our first date - but Friday marked the six month anniversary of that meeting. I even bought a card. I have no idea when I turned into this cheesy girl, and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Now I went and blogged about it. Ugh.

And this week, I received an email from an old friend - someone who is incredibly close to my heart, occupying that special and sacred place reserved only for sisters and childhood friends. We haven't spoken in years, though I think about her often. Seeing her name in my Inbox affected me in such a profound way.

It's funny how time passes in both a moment and an eternity. In the presence of one relationship and in the absence of another, it seems at once as if the new has always been there (though these months have felt like minutes) and the old has never left (though it feels like a lifetime since I've laughed with her).

L

Just to make Kari-Ann barf... :)

3 Comments:

At January 16, 2007 8:00 AM, Blogger ka said...

Oh gag me, Linds. It was two years with the boy this summer, and it occured to me the day after. When I called and said, "Hey, remember what yesterday was?" he did know, which was bonus in my books.

Maybe it was different in the beginning? It was so long ago I can't remember. :)

 
At January 16, 2007 11:45 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Aw, Kari-Ann. I added something special to this post, just for you :)

 
At January 16, 2007 3:59 PM, Blogger sherri said...

Yay for warm wonderful feelings, good oldfriends and good boyfriends :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home