Saturday, January 13, 2007

Crutches

I think that one of my biggest pet peeves is people who use a medical diagnosis as a crutch. You know the people I'm talking about. One little thing and they have a built-in excuse for everything they don't want to do. I've made it a life mission to avoid becoming one of those people.

I keep on reading about how people who live with chronic pain disorders - like FMS - can often experience a type of brain fuzziness ('fibro fog' for FMS). It is described as an unclear head, short attention span, difficulty concentrating, difficulty organizing thoughts, and short-term memory loss.

In all honesty, I used to think this was bullshit. But I really haven't been myself lately. I've been doing these stupid, ridiculous things (don't laugh) - things that are really not Lindsay-like at all. Nothing major, I'm just not operating with my usual computer-like efficiency. And it's scaring me a little.

L

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home