Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Playing Catch-Up

Wow, there's been so much going on lately that I'm having a hard time keeping up this crazy blog. Let's see if I can summarize... It's a tougher feat than you may suspect, unless you also tend to think in English major term paper length (ahem, Kari-Ann).

Friday night, Anja and I went to the Moose game - the first of the season. Kyle got us tickets in Row 1, and I was way too amused. Hockey players look so tiny and cute when you're up in a higher section or watching on tv! When they're slamming each other into the boards mere inches from your face? Not so cute.

It was tricky navigating the traffic going to the game (and to work in the morning too, come to think of it) because something freaky happened with the building across the street from the MTS Centre and there were roads closed off. Rumours were circulating that windows were falling out of the building? Hope it's true, because that's kind of cool.

We covered Saturday in my previous post. Which brings us to Sunday, the date of our first coffeehouse night in Niverville. We had about 50 people out for the event, which was more than I'd expected. The band - Fallen Short - did a really amazing job. Em and Cat were working their magic behind the coffee bar. Lots of new faces. And it seemed like everyone had a really good time. I'm already excited for next month.

Last night after work, Geoff and I met up with Aaron and Cait to see 'Little Miss Sunshine.' A teeny bit forced at times, but overall one of the best movies I've seen in a while. You kind of sit there with a stupid grin on your face all the way through. It's so flawed, but full of so much joy. I think I'll add it to my list of 'happy movies': the ones I watch to remind myself that there's good in everybody and hope for the world.

L

2 Comments:

At October 17, 2006 3:07 PM, Blogger ka said...

Long, drawn-out soliloquies are a lost art... Now ppl txt u 2 say dum stuf. :)

 
At October 17, 2006 4:19 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I'm telling Kris you said that about his text messages...

L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home