Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A summary, a new record, and a series of observations

Let's see... Out for martinis and sushi on Friday night (though I technically only observed the sushi portion of the evening, having been way too hungry to wait when I got home from work). To the lake with Geoff on Saturday (with a little bit of car drama along the way). Hung out with my parents eating ice cream, competing in mini golf (and I do mean competing), making and consuming dinner. Jess and Kevin came late on Saturday and Aaron, Cait, and a whole bunch of our friends came up on Sunday. Spent all afternoon on the beach and in the boat, BBQ for dinner, then came back to civilization. Yesterday was so lazy... Slept for most of the morning, sat in my hammock on the deck for half the afternoon (with Steph keeping me company). Figured out that you can't really buy food anywhere on Labour Day, so we ordered Chinese for dinner.

Tanya (one of my new roommates) moved in yesterday, and she appears to be the sweetest person in the entire world. I say 'appears' because Bethany seemed sweet when I met her too... Anyway. Tanya holds the new record for Fastest Engagement among all my roommates. The previous record was something like two weeks after move-in, and she actually managed to get engaged almost a week BEFORE she moved in. Very impressive. Sherri (the third and final roommate) arrives today.

Yesterday, Steph and I went in search of food and ended up at Tim Horton's where she introduced me to onion bagels with herb & garlic cream cheese. Delicious. We managed to have about a hundred mini-adventures on this little excursion, including:
- Having this long-haired hillbilly guy check us out in a manner so revolting we just about lost our appetite for bagels (almost).
- The guy who was making our bagels (well, toasting and cream cheesing them) was almost done, right in the middle of that last half-cut before wrapping it up and bagging it... and then one of his co-workers came and told him that he'd actually had the day off. He left the knife in the bagel in mid-cut and went to the back, and we were forced to wait a minute before another employee finished the job.
- The funniest Alabama/Kentucky redneck truck pulled up in front of our house, and we were laughing hysterically... And then just about died when this tiny little halter-topped girl hopped out from behind the wheel.

In other news, I'm working on a new theory that wasps feed on mosquitoes. Think about it. (Was that the sound of your mind being blown?)

L

PS - Don't forget about Humpday Breakfast, happening at 7.15 am tomorrow morning! All are welcome.

3 Comments:

At September 05, 2006 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I "seemed" sweet? I'm not even gone a week and you're already dissing me!

P.S. I love you and I miss you...sort of

 
At September 05, 2006 10:10 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Who gave you internet access?! Just kidding... I'm totally missing my Bethany. And I know that I'll never come see you in Grunthal, so you'll have to come spend an evening pretending to be a city girl again soon.

L

 
At September 06, 2006 12:59 AM, Blogger steph said...

yah i didn't even know they HAD the internet in Grunthal!! he he...

ah lindsay, what a wonderful series of adventures we had. you forgot to mention the "adventure" of waiting for our delivery for 2 hours...argh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home