Friday, August 18, 2006

Mourning my Morning

When I made my plan to go into work early today (so that I could leave early for the weekend), I did NOT remember that I was back on my night-time meds. Ugh. I think it took about 10 minutes of alarm this morning before I realized what the sound was, what it meant, and that it was intended for me. I made it into the shower and almost smeared shave gel all over my face - they should NOT package shave gel and facial cleansers the same way. Later, I stood in my closet, trying desperately to remember what day it was and whether or not I needed to look client-appropriate today (and actually went and turned on the TV to ensure that today was, in fact, a work day). And on my way out the door, I was rushing around in a panicked hunt for my keys... Which turned out to be in a very sneaky hiding spot: my right hand. Hopefully, I'll adjust to these dumb pills. Either that, or get healthy enough that I don't need them anymore. Because if this keeps up, I'm going to be one of those people who has to wear a helmet all the time.

In another 30 minutes, I'm meeting my mom and heading out to the lake overnight. Tomorrow is Ricki & Kelly's wedding, then Sunday is the zoo in the afternoon (oh, PLEASE let there be another goat fight) and the Dixie Chicks concert (stop judging me) with Em in the evening. And then sometime around 2010, I'll finally manage to see The Boy, who returns to Winnipeg tomorrow afternoon...

L

1 Comments:

At August 18, 2006 4:47 PM, Blogger ka said...

You should use Mary Kay - the packaging is much different (and pink, so how can you not like it?!). Enjoy your weekend. I don't judge you for going to the Chicks (mostly because I'll be there on Saturday). ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home