Monday, August 21, 2006

The Chicks

Okay, so you know I'm not the world's biggest country music fan, but I've always appreciated the Dixie Chicks. I don't know why... They're pretty country. But it's FUN pop-infused country - not that sad, annoying twangy stuff. I have many, many memories of singing along rather obnoxiously to every song on 'Fly,' with my sister providing alto (and some ridiculously over-the-top impromptu vocal twangs).

Anyway, you didn't need to be a hardcore country music fan to enjoy last night's show. Despite my hesitation in going (Em's lucky I love her), I thought it was a great concert - you don't often hear a band that's as good, or better, live than they are on CD. These girls have really legit talent, both vocally and instrumentally - and you can't help but respect that.

And as an added bonus, I felt like I got to snub Dubya a little, just by showing up... How's that for passive-aggressive political activism :)

L

1 Comments:

At August 21, 2006 12:32 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Meredith had the same comments about the chicks - never really listened to them before but said the concert was very good.

Snubbing Dubya!! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home