Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Back On

Some of you have been asking how I'm feeling this week, after last week's Eeyore post. The truth is that I haven't really felt like talking about it. But in the spirit of disclosure and actually letting you friends and random strangers know some of what's going on in my life...

I'm back on my meds. All of them. This includes the nighttime meds I had been off completely for months now, and I've doubled my dose of daytime meds. It sounds so matter-of-fact when you just put it into a neat little sentence like that, but it was a devastating setback for me. It's a proactive decision because I don't want to go back to the way things were before I got this stupid disease under control... But you know I had to be feeling pretty lousy to even consider this move.

I know it's all relative, that this isn't a big deal compared to - I don't know - let's say the AIDS pandemic, in the interest of weaving in current events and making it seem like I read the newspaper. It's not big news in The World, but it's big news in Lindsay's World.

And yet the sun rises and sets, and life goes on. I'll beat this, just like I always have. But for tonight... Let me feel just a little bit sad that I'm back in this place again. I don't like it here.

I'll smile again tomorrow, I promise.

Actually, scratch that. I'm sending myself flowers and smiling now :)

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home