Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Swept Away

Ten points for a Madonna reference. You know I seriously love her, but not even I can bring myself to watch her attempt to act. I'll stick to the music, thanks.

I remembered this morning that I hadn't commented on an adventure we had while driving up to Winnipegosis on the weekend. Just before Neepawa, the sky started to get really dark and the wind suddenly picked up. We were looking around - eyeing the clouds rather suspiciously - when we saw it. A tornado. Right in front of us.

My parents and Aaron and Cait were in the car in front of us, and we saw the bottom of the tornado pass what looked like inches on top of their car, and then it dropped and they were in the middle of it. We stopped our truck and the tornado blew into our vehicle, got calm, and then blew us around again. It was so crazy... Must have been a weak tornado because we were all totally fine, the vehicles just got rocked around a little - the cover over the luggage in the back of the truck was okay too. But what a weird experience. I was just happy that everyone was okay.

Maybe it was Mother Nature warning me to stay inside the Perimeter, where I belong :)

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home