Friday, June 30, 2006

In Montreal

Well, we're here. Em and I ended up having an insane, adventurous day that included Lindsay functioning on - yep, that's right - NO SLEEP AT ALL for about a day and a half. I finally tucked my purse under my head and slept for an hour in Ottawa. In the end, Emily and I split up for 9 hours and arrived in Montreal within minutes of each other.

My only real highlights from today were getting to catch some of the World Cup game in the airport bar, and flirting with some superhot business guy from Ottawa while we were waiting for our luggage in Montreal. He was pretty much cute enough to make it worth a day of rescheduled flights and no sleep.

Christine met us at the airport, and we arrived at her home - safe and sound - 30 minutes ago. It's adorable here, and they live across the street from a lake. I can hardly wait for it to be light outside so I can see where I am!

Looking forward to SLEEPING, and then exploring this very cool city.

Interesting to note that I actually had 'stay awake for more than 24 hours in a row and have an adventure' on my life goal list. Not really the funnest goal I've ever accomplished. May need to re-examine the list :)

L


Attempting to capture the desolation and utter boredom that was the Ottawa airport. (I did, however, manage to catch a World Cup game in the airport bar. That was okay.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home