Thursday, July 06, 2006

The End

I hate how cliche this sounds, but I can't believe our vacation is over so soon. This past week has flown by, and I'm sitting here realizing that it's 12.30 am and I still need to pack, and we're leaving for the airport at 6.30 am.

Yesterday was a great day. I got my tattoo (totally didn't hurt like I thought it would, but isn't so comfortable now). Went shopping. Had an amazing dinner. This morning, we were up really early for our daytrip to Quebec City. We spent a few hours in the afternoon just taking in the sights of Old Quebec - the harbour, the Plains of Abraham, more shopping, and amazing coffee at an outdoor cafe. After that, we went for dinner at Christine's sister and brother-in-law's place and got to meet her niece and her brand-new nephew, Felix. I drove part of the way there (nothing big, just some highway stuff), but on the way back I drove from Trois-Rivieres all the way back to Christine's house in Levy, which included getting through/past/around Montreal. Crazy stuff, man. It was the weirdest video game I've ever played. I was going 25 km/h over the speed limit in the city and all these cars - cops included - were still passing me. Add the suicide merge lanes, random obstacles and lane closures, lanes that disappear/reappear/expand/compress at will, a giant pile of garbage randomly lying on the road, and three construction workers standing in the middle of the road (no joke) holding these big metal rods and waving for us to slow down - no signage of any evidence of construction in sight. Funny. It was a true cultural experience. And, truth be told, actually pretty fun.

Must go pack. But I'll write more - and start posting some pics - tomorrow.

L


Em & Christine at a cafe in Old Quebec City

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home