Sunday, July 09, 2006

Anyone know the symptoms of Lyme Disease?

Got home from our work weekend in Winnipegosis. Sigh. More exhausted than ever, but a happy exhausted because I know our efforts will have made a big difference to all the kids coming to summer camp tomorrow.

It was a rough weekend for me. I'm not really a physical labour kind of girl (shocking, I know...), plus there was WAY too much wildlife for me: a mouse and a snake within about 60 seconds of each other, plus at least one tick. Ewwwwww. Any kind of recreational activity that leaves you with paint chips and dead bugs in your bra is NOT okay with me. But I'll apparently do almost anything for a good cause.

The good news is that we got a lot done. And I'm home again. And now I'm going to sleep.

L


We split into three work crews to tackle three big projects on Saturday. My group worked to turn this OLD farmhouse into a new nurses station and staff lounge. This is our 'Before' pic, as we begin to scrape off the old paint.


Jenni-Lynn hard at work


Rocky and his death-defying painting stunts


After the paint job


After the addition of the deck - our whole group that worked at the camp this weekend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home