Friday, July 14, 2006

Sad

I'm not a sad person. Chuck and I had a conversation yesterday about seeing the glass as half full. I tended to think that his day couldn't be that bad as long as he wasn't on an Indian commuter train that got blown up. And he tended to think that I was an idiot.

The one thing that always makes me sad? Losing a friend. Dating relationships come and go and can be formed or destroyed in seconds, but friendships are an investment. And it's liking someone entirely for who they are inside, and not because you think their butt looks cute in a pair of jeans. Which is why I sometimes think that losing a friend has the potential to hurt more than losing a boyfriend. Maybe not more. Just in a different way.

And that's why - in the midst of all kinds of things going on in my life right now that are making me happy - I'm a little bit sad today.

I'm also sad because the boys in the office have discovered that I hate to be called 'sweetie'... So of course, they've been saying it as often as humanly possible all morning.

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home