Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Radio Traffic Reports, Flooding, Lebanon, and Fashionistas on Girls Night

Wow. This post is disjointed, even for me.

I was driving in rush hour traffic last night (a necessary evil because of a mani/pedi appt, but something I usually choose to avoid by staying at work late). Some lady on the radio called in to say that traffic was super-slow on Lagimodiere Boulevard because the cops were pulling everyone over for speeding.

Funniest. Thing. Ever. Irony is so beautiful.

And on the home front... More drama chez Lindsay yesterday. We had a little bit of a flood in our basement last night, compliments of our washing machine. Quick question: Who builds a basement with the drain hole at the highest point in the floor??? Thank goodness for sympathetic dads and Aarons.

Fingers crossed, everything should be fixed in our house now. Famous last words, I know. But I am personally hoping for a drama-free week. I'm exhausted. I must be, because I had to redo my eyeliner about seven times this morning (no joke), because I had the news on in the background and they kept on showing pictures of that Montreal family who died in Lebanon.

It's just so sad. The more I think about it, the less I understand. There's something so very MALE about the whole conflict(s) in the Middle East. Why can't we all just sit down and talk about our feelings? These groups' reactions are so disproportionate. It's like I just poked you in the stomach, so you're going to break my leg. And now I'm going to kill the entire family that lives next door to you. I wonder sometimes if the people who made these comparatively small decisions at the beginning (if you can even locate a beginning in all of this mess) knew that it was going to escalate this way. Did they really intend for this to happen? Are they sitting there celebrating this mass destruction, or are they - in the very core of their beings - feeling yucky because they have inadvertently created this hideous monster? Would they take it back if they could?

Okay. Thinking caps off.

Going to see 'The Devil Wears Prada' tonight. Hoping for a nice, brainless girls night with Kari-Ann (not implying that Kari-Ann is brainless... hee hee). But afraid that the movie will ruin my favourite book.

Life is full of risks, isn't it?

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home