Monday, June 19, 2006

Weekend Update

Ah, Father's Day. What an odd little holiday. The day when you force your dad to spend more time with his family than he'd probably like. To celebrate our dad, my family went for lunch and then to Imax - Deep Sea in 3D. It was pretty cool... Whoever said that nothing bonds a family like a set of neon protective eyewear sure knew what they were talking about.

Last night, a few of us went to check out the Jazz Festival - ODD, God Made Me Funky, and Moses Mayes. Always a good time. It was an absolutely gorgeous night, and after we picked up coffee at The Fyxx, we spread out my blanket on the grass in Old Market Square and just enjoyed the evening - one of those classic Winnipeg moments I'd miss if I didn't live here.

And now it's back to work as another week begins... I'm starting to get that pre-holiday panic about how the heck I'm going to accomplish everything I need to before I get on the plane. I know it always comes together. It'd just be swell if it all came together AND I manage a few hours of sleep each night.

Happy Monday, all. Wishing you wonderful things this week :)

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home