Monday, November 22, 2010

One Moment With Briony

Oh, the imagination we get to enjoy over here...

In the last couple of days, we've been treated to:
- A two year old who told me all about her 'adventure' when she went 'swimming with dolphins underwater' and also 'saw a shark'
- A two year old who sometimes pretends to be a puppy
- A two year old who today pretended to be a dinosaur
- A two year old who bit the straw of her sippy cup in between her teeth, swung the bottle back and forth, and declared that she was an elephant
- A two year old who stood up in her crib in the middle of the night and yelled - repeatedly - 'Briony wants COFFEE!'

This is all normal behaviour, right? :)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At November 22, 2010 5:37 PM, Blogger Amber said...

I'm sure the last one could easily be replaced with her Mama's yellings ;)

 
At November 22, 2010 6:46 PM, Blogger Jolene said...

Wow! Sounds like your two year old and my two year old would get along quite well. Perhaps they should play together some time...then I wouldn't have to be the one to scare the raccoons away from the tent or offer them lettuce because they were just hungry. I absolutely LOVE this stage of imagination and creativity. So fabulous. Who knew there was a waterpark in my living room and my couch was really a waterslide?!

 
At November 22, 2010 6:56 PM, Blogger Allison Friesen said...

That last one made me laugh out loud! Yes, that is normal. My 2 year old says those things too. He even loves coffee!

 
At November 22, 2010 7:53 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

If Geoff can control his giggles and you can verbally keep up with her, she should keep you all occupied:)

 
At November 22, 2010 10:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

NEVER buy a cappucino maker. Scarlett saw my "coffee" on the table one day and tried it and "weely wiked it!" So it's now not unusual for me to have to steam her some milk so she can have special coffee with her mom (but the espresso shot and sugar flavouring are avoided - I'm not that crazy!).

 
At November 22, 2010 11:36 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Amber - No, I *need* coffee ;)

Jolene - We should really make that happen someday... I miss you! And I'd love to meet Trinity.

Allison - That's good to hear. (The normal part, not the two year olds drinking coffee part - hehe. I'm WAY too uptight to allow that.)

Marilyn - Yep!

Kari-Ann - YIKES... And so it begins!

 
At November 23, 2010 2:07 PM, Anonymous Momma said...

Coffee? In the middle of the night? Where is that coming from?
I love her imagination and creativity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home