Sunday, November 21, 2010

Merry Christmas Baby

So it's officially Christmas here at the Wright residence.

The tree has been trimmed. The garland has been hung. The stockings are in storage for a little while longer because I can't even imagine how many times I'll need to tell Briony not to touch (hehe).

We started during Briony's nap on Saturday and finished after she woke up. On her way down the stairs, she stopped COLD as soon as the tree was within view. "Oh my GOOD-mess, Mama! It's a CHRISTMAS TREE!" This little scene has been repeated every single morning and every single afternoon - and her eyes are just as lit up and sparkly today as the first time. Awesomeness.

There is nothing in the world more magical than experiencing the holidays with a child. NOTHING. I thought that last year - with all its WOWs and WHOAs - was fun. But this is non-stop hilarity... She's excited about the snow, the tree, the lights, EVERYTHING. And she knows what it all is.

I put our Santa hat in with all her dress-up stuff yesterday and she found it immediately - "It's a CHRISTMAS HAT, Mama!"

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At November 22, 2010 3:39 PM, Blogger Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

That's awesome. I need to try to get some of that wonder back into my own reactions! Kids rule.

XO
Lenore

 
At November 22, 2010 4:42 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

good-mess = adorable :)

 
At November 22, 2010 11:34 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Lenore - It's really kind of magical, isn't it? I'm challenged CONSTANTLY to be more excited about the little things.

Nicole - I could not agree more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home