Monday, November 15, 2010

Sick as a Dog

I've been trying to just push through and deal with this without any whining or unnecessary drama, but I QUIT. This is Day Six of The Cold/Flu From HELL and I'm sooo sick of it.

I managed to power through the most essential birthday things this weekend, but it took everything I had. And now it's Monday. And I feel just a lousy as I did last week - maybe a little more lousy just because my ribs hurt so much from coughing.

As always, I went to bed last night optimistic about what today would be like - praying that I would be healthy, that magical elves would come and finish all my work during the night, and (for good measure) that I'd wake up looking like Scarlett Johanssen.

Boy, was I disappointed.

So my first meeting of the day has already been cancelled. My lunch plans have been postponed. My tea is brewing and I have two client deadlines to hit before noon today. And I think I've already set a record for Most Gooey Substances To Exit A Human's Head this morning (but I STILL CAN'T BREATHE).

WOOHOO.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 15, 2010 11:24 AM, Blogger Playful Peanut said...

I feel your pain. I don't have the flu part, but the cough and snot thing I've TOTALLY got covered.

Of course I'm sick. We went to Fargo for the weekend with Mom and Dad. It would be far too easy to have gone away for a couple days and feel great.

Oh, and to top off my shopping adventure, the credit union was doing updates on their system so neither my debit NOR credit card worked. Pure awesomeness. Thank goodness I'd thought to exchange a bunch of cash before I left.

I really should just never leave my house. :)

 
At November 15, 2010 11:41 AM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Hope this 'thing' soon leaves your premises. Sorry the celebrations were laced with it and hope you're over it soon.

 
At November 15, 2010 12:27 PM, Blogger Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Ugh, I hear you. I've had a nagging sore throat for about two weeks now but I wish it would either - go away or turn into something so I could stay home! Sorry to hear you're sick and know that many are suffering with you, it's that joyful flu season!

XO
Lenore

 

Post a Comment

<< Home