Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Royal Disappointment

Want to hear something funny?

Yesterday, when the news broke that Prince William had officially proposed to Kate Middleton, I felt a tiny twinge of disappointment. It would appear that - somewhere buried deep in my psyche - there was a remnant of that old girlish dream of becoming a princess someday.

I'm willing to bet that I am NOT the only grown woman in the British Commonwealth who felt that this week. Though I'm realizing now that I am probably the only one admitting it ;)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At November 17, 2010 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew was the catch for me until he married that Ferguson girl. I always hoped my girls would be in the running with those Windsor boys. Harry is still available although his shenanigans are not marriage material. Maybe someone from the house of Ogilvie (cousins to Andrew and Charles) are still available .
Christine

 
At November 17, 2010 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am disappointed that the media has been speculating on this for so long that it wasn't a surprise per say or even as exciting as it could have been! I am very happy and happy that she has Diana's ring. When he said in the interview that it helped having his mother a part of it brought tears to my eyes. And Lindsay I am most positive that in your home you are the Princess!!! Just without all the royal "cash"!!! LOL!

Andrea

 
At November 19, 2010 12:47 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Although he is most definitely cute, my thoughts were more like "well it's about time!" lol. I also really like that he gave her Diana's ring. WOW! She must be one amazing girl.

 
At November 20, 2010 2:21 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I KNEW it wasn't just me! ;)

@Lindsay - I know... That ring is RIDICULOUS. I think I dreamed about it this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home