Thursday, September 30, 2010

Year Three

Geoff + I are celebrating three years of wedded bliss today.

I'm going to pause there so you can gag on your coffee.

I'm pretty sure that this is the blog post where I'm supposed to get all mushy and annoy you with some random quotes or cheesy photos or annoying anecdotes that will make you see how perfect my marriage is.

NEWS FLASH: It's not.

Supplementary News Flash: I didn't expect it to be.

It's not perfect, but I'm not a girl who dreamed of perfection. Our life together is everything I've wanted since I was a little girl - a life full of magic in ordinary moments. I married a man who I genuinely like to spend time with, who makes our little family his priority always, and who still buys me flowers just because. He thinks I'm pretty without any makeup on, he thinks I'm funny when I tell the punchline wrong... Oh wait. That's not real life. That's a Katy Perry song. CHEEKY BLOGGER.

Truth? I sometimes want to sit down and cry when I think of how we very nearly skipped the honeymoon phase I imagine other couples get to enjoy, and instead dove headfirst into baby and cancer and chronic illness. But we're making it. And we still like each other. Against all odds, Year Three was another wonderful year. Those family photos we took last week are photographic evidence that we're happy (and we'll spend a week together in NYC this December to make sure that it's all true).

Our life together has been an adventure, and there's no one else I'd rather be adventuring with.

‎"It is only possible to live happily-ever-after on a day-to-day basis." (Margaret Bonnano)



Geoff, I love you. You are my best friend.
Today, I gladly choose to become your wife.
I promise to encourage and support you, to laugh with you,
and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.
I will stand beside you in good times and in bad,
on days when our love is simple, and when it is an effort.
I will respect your talents and your passions,
and support you as you pursue all of your goals and dreams.
I promise to cherish you, respect you, and be faithful to you always.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At September 30, 2010 9:24 AM, Anonymous Alison said...

Happy Anniversary!

 
At September 30, 2010 9:58 AM, Anonymous Rob said...

Congratulations Lindsay & Geoff!!!

 
At September 30, 2010 9:40 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

Wow - has it been that long already? Crazy what a roller coaster we've found ourselves on! Lots of love to you and Geoff and I'm *SO* excited you guys are getting away together this winter!!!

 
At October 01, 2010 7:14 AM, Anonymous Momma said...

Happy Happy Anniversary! 3 years already. It's amazing to think of what those 3 years have held for you. The next 50 should be a walk in the park :) Thanks for bringing Geoff into the family. I can't imagine life without him now. He says at least he got a cap out of the deal :)

 
At October 01, 2010 10:04 AM, Anonymous Caitlin said...

Happy anniversary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home