Wednesday, September 08, 2010

A Very Hard Day

What a very, very hard day.

Emily + Paul came over this morning. There aren't any words to describe how much it hurts to see a friend in so much pain - especially one who's more sister than friend to me. My heart is broken into a thousand pieces for Emily and her entire family over the very sudden and unexpected passing of her dad last night. It was so good for me to see her, to be able to deliver a hug and make some tea and do SOMETHING.

I want to fix it. I want to make it better. I want to help... But there are no words and nothing I can do. My heart hurts so much, there is physical pain - and I ache to imagine the depths of what my sister is feeling.

So far, I have a chicken roasting in the oven (with mashed potatoes + stuffing + the works) and big plans for homemade soup and freshly baked cookies. Comfort food that brings no comfort whatsoever. But it still feels strangely therapeutic to me today.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At September 08, 2010 3:13 PM, Blogger Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

So sorry to hear of your friend's loss (and yours as well). I hope you find comfort in each other, your family and of course, nurturing food.

Lenore

 
At September 08, 2010 3:46 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Please extend our sympathy. Our love and prayers to you all. May His comfort seep into the hurting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home