Thursday, September 02, 2010

The Myth of the Only Child

TIME magazine ran a fabulous cover story a few months ago about only children. Geoff came home with the magazine when he saw it on a newsstand and I was super excited to find the article online so I could share it with others. There are so many points in this article that we relate to, I actually cried the first time I read it because I didn't feel so alone in our desire to call our family complete anymore.

The Coles Notes version? Briony's going to be just fine :)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At September 02, 2010 1:08 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

We are all just happy and thankful you have her:)
As for her repeating your comments...fun with little pitchers with big ears:)

 
At September 02, 2010 6:11 PM, Blogger Allison Friesen said...

I'm an only child and I *think* I turned out just fine. Was I lonely? At times, yes. Do I still wish I had siblings? Yes, but I survive just fine without them.

 
At September 03, 2010 1:04 PM, Blogger ka said...

How many kids with siblings do you know that have a HORRIBLE relationship with their siblings.

Kids can be messed up in any family relationship - oldest, youngest, middle, only. I think there are other, more important factors that play into it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home