Wednesday, September 01, 2010

The Day of Tiny Miracles

Today was kind of extraordinary, in that super special ordinary way. You know what I'm talking about. It was one of those days where it felt like the whole universe was conspiring to just kind of lighten my load a little bit.

Geoff forfeited sleep after a night shift to let me sleep an extra two hours this morning.

My clients were surprisingly non-needy today.

I got THREE amazing leads for casual childcare this year, all in the last 24 hours.

I found the boots I'd been coveting last winter on sale for 60% off - IN MY SIZE.

The upcoming scary day in Geoff's schedule that I'd been panicking the most over in terms of not having any help with Briony (and me needing to work) got covered today.

Briony went to sleep easily tonight. THANK YOU, GOD.

Josy was here and cleaned my house today. I still have a hundred things I feel like I need to take care of, but just knowing that my floors are all clean and my bathtub has been scrubbed is kind of incredible.

I found some new glasses frames that I like, and I'm ordering them tomorrow. WOOHOO!

I got to sneak in an hour with friends who I love - not nearly long enough, but enough. I don't think they have any idea how much it helped me for them to just spend some time loving my daughter (and helping me load up my car after).

A client who's behind on payments finally touched base with me today and is taking care of things.

I had a TWO Pumpkin Spice Latte day today.

Oh, and Katie's back in Manitoba again! YAY!

It was a remarkable day, but I didn't know that it was going to be while I was living it. In fact, today also contained some terribly low points - including my attempt to give Briony a bath by myself for the first time in months. Let's just say that there are compelling physical reasons why I don't usually handle bath duty. And I'm not likely to try again for a very long time. I ended up crying on the bathroom floor.

As I write this, I'm fighting pain along with waves of nausea and a little bit of a fever. Healthwise, today was incredibly difficult. Making it until my appointment in October is going to be really, really hard. But it's these little moments and random pockets of joy that make me believe that we can do it.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At September 01, 2010 7:15 AM, Anonymous erin said...

i'm so happy that you had so many good moments amongst the badness. i hope your days continue to be filled with them (and that the bad stuff goes away!) :)

 
At September 01, 2010 8:32 AM, Blogger Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Every good day is a big 'screw you' to the bad days....good for you for taking a minute to savour it and acknowledge how much you needed it.

XO
Lenore

 
At September 02, 2010 11:09 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Erin - Thank you, friend. I think there are always good moments if you look for them.

Lenore - I agree entirely (and I love saying 'screw you' to the bad days).

 
At September 03, 2010 10:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It makes me laugh to think that returning to Manitoba is a miracle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home