Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Smile

Way back when I was pregnant with Briony, I joined an online message board for expectant mothers who were due the same month that I was. Over the past two and a half years, these women have become a very special and incredibly unique part of my life as we've supported each other through so many milestones.

This week, we reached a big milestone together. Even though we've never met in real life, we all felt our collective hearts break back in November 2008 when one of the moms lost her baby boy in childbirth due to a mistake the delivering doctor made. Amid an excruciating lawsuit, she picked herself back up and they began fertility treatments all over again - and we celebrated with her when she announced she was pregnant again at the beginning of this year. In July, she delivered a beautiful baby girl... three months early. And then this past week - a full month before her original due date and almost two years since they lost their son - she brought a baby home for the very first time.

I don't really know her, but I know her heart. This is the biggest Friday Smile I've had in a long time, and one that comes with accompanying happy tears.

Geoff + I are SO BLESSED to have a healthy daughter. To have welcomed her into our family without having any trouble getting pregnant (ahem... OBVIOUSLY) or complications during pregnancy is absolutely incredible. It is only the competence and skill of our delivering doctor that ensured our delivery story had a happy ending. These are things that I quite literally thank God for every single day.

I've been thinking so much this week about how our God cares about the tiniest things, and I smile when I think of baby Anna - many times bigger than when she was born but still ITTY BITTY and under five pounds - being rocked to sleep in a nursery in Ontario that sat empty for far too long.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At September 17, 2010 9:19 PM, Blogger JessLikesStuff said...

I really need to read your blog more often! I will NEVER forget reading that birth story in 2008 and I can't even believe she got her happy ending after all this time :).

Great Friday smile!!!

Jessica

 
At September 17, 2010 10:43 PM, Anonymous Momma said...

Smiling through my tears. That's a happy story. Thanks.

 
At September 18, 2010 1:16 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Success - thank God:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home