Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Fibromyalgia Awareness Day

It's Fibromyalgia Awareness Day today.

I 'celebrated' by having my mom over to watch Briony (THANK YOU AGAIN, MOM) so that I could work myself to the point of illness + exhaustion. Naturally.

I paced myself very well during the day, I think, but setting a healthy pace during the day ended up meaning that I'm sitting down again at 10 pm to do another couple of hours of work before I sleep. Kind of dreading what the rest of this week will bring after I'm so blatantly making poor health decisions tonight... BLECH.

Today, I wanted so badly to pause and celebrate everything I have in my life despite fibromyalgia. But instead, I found myself wishing - with tears in my eyes - that I could have just one day where I didn't end up in that place where I'm so exhausted I just literally feel like puking, or a day where I wouldn't have to deny my daughter something as simple as playing on the slide at the playground because the pain was too much, or just a day that is DIFFERENT from my everyday reality.

I choose to believe that day is still coming.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home