Friday, April 16, 2010

One More Friday Smile

...and then I'm done. Seriously. But this is IMPORTANT.

God (aka the Associated Press) announced that they are officially changing the spelling of 'Web site' to 'website.' This might not sound like a big deal, but I've been fighting clients over this one forever and ever. I have lost YEARS off my life. Well, minutes FOR SURE. The two-word usage - with a capital letter of all things! - is ugly and stupid. The one-word usage is obviously better. But there are always those stick-in-the-mud clients who just always need to follow the rules, and this rule causes me to break out into hives.

I don't know why 'because I'm the writer and I said so' wasn't good enough... But now I have the AP to back me up.

Just let me say this one time and then I'll be done: I TOLD YOU SO.

Ah. There. That DOES feel better :)

Now I'm going to go start my weekend early, JUST BECAUSE I CAN. I have a napping baby girl, banana bread in the oven, water boiling for tea, and an amazing book that's beckoning me to return... And no deadlines until Monday afternoon :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 16, 2010 2:34 PM, Blogger Allison Friesen said...

You're right. Website is much better.

 
At April 17, 2010 9:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's a victory for english geeks everywhere! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home