Friday, March 19, 2010

A Week in Review

Whew! We made it.

I'm kidding. I'm nowhere near finished everything that I need to accomplish this week, and I'm going to be working so much this weekend. But there's still something strangely satisfying about waking up and knowing that it's Friday (even though 'Friday' means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to a family comprised of a nurse, a freelance writer, and a baby).

This week has been a whirlwind. I'm still needing to line up friends and family to cover the time that Geoff is working because I can't pick up Briony. I'm working like a fiend... LIKE A FIEND. And the state of my house is seriously started to stress me out. I guess that - before this week - I was too sick to care. Now that I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, it's really kind of getting to me. But I don't have enough energy to really tackle it in a significant way. So I just sit and feel frustrated about it. Awesome plan, I know ;)

Lots on my mind and on my heart right now... I haven't quite figured out how to put it all into words yet, but I'll share when it feels right. We're celebrating Easter early this year so that we can fit it in before my grandma starts chemo, which is bringing up all kinds of yucky buried stuff from exactly two Easters ago when we were just beginning my mom's cancer journey. I'm praying that I can hold it together this weekend. My head knows all that stuff about how Easter symbolizes new life and how chemo is the tool that was able to give life back to these women who are so important to me. But my heart just wants to sit and cry.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home