Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Gong Show

Today has been a series of ridiculous events, mostly related to parking in downtown Winnipeg.

Want a sneak peek? I submit these random moments for your consideration:

An underground parking lot this morning that gives out tickets even when the lot is entirely full. I finally snagged a spot after 20 minutes of circling. Awesome.

When I left, the parking attendant handed me back $2.00 in change... Change that included nothing larger than a quarter and involved large quantities of nickels, dimes, and pennies. Awesome.

An above-ground parking lot this afternoon that posts a rate of $8.00 in *change only* (no cash, because that would make too much sense). I counted out $8.00 and slid across the parking lot in impractical footwear only to discover that although the SIGN said $8.00, the MACHINE said $8.50. So it was back to my car (and then back again... and then forth again) for fifty measly cents. Awesome.

See what I mean? :)

I'm a pro at parking downtown - I've been doing it almost every day since I was 18 years old - and I usually find Winnipeg a very easy city to navigate parking-wise. But every once in a while, I totally lose. Today was (obviously) one of those days.

I only have to go home from here, but I'm seriously expecting some random obstacle in my parking spot behind the house.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At February 17, 2010 5:43 PM, Blogger perrygirl :) said...

Sometimes, things in the universe just collide... http://peenapotty.blogspot.com/2010/02/day-6-happy.html

 
At February 17, 2010 7:58 PM, Blogger ka said...

There's ALWAYS parking in downtown Elm Creek (but sometimes at 10 when all the farmers come for coffee you do have to round the corner of Main :).

 
At February 18, 2010 2:40 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Oh my, reminds me of living in Calgary. YIKES!

 
At February 19, 2010 11:03 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home