Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Teething

How long can it possibly take for a measly couple of teeth to pop through some wimpy baby gums? And - perhaps more importantly - how many times will I get bitten before that happens?

It's still teething central over here (still working on Teeth 5 and 6, if you can believe it - they've been in progress for at least a month so far). All things considered, I really shouldn't complain. She's being a trooper. She's actually sleeping more than usual, which is nice but it makes my days impossible to plan. Lately, she's been totally fine with one good nap around lunchtime and an early bedtime around 6.30 or 7.00 (a new schedule that I am LOVING, by the way). This morning, she woke up at 8.00... and was napping at 9.30, after a full ninety minutes of manic giggles and insane biting attempts, interspersed with fussing. What the heck?!

I found myself microwaving the Starbucks that Geoff brought home for me at 8.00 because - two hours later - I'd managed to get about four sips into me. Now THAT's depressing.

The upside is that I can get some work done now... The downside is that I can get some work done now :)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 11, 2009 1:16 PM, Blogger ka said...

The weekend before P and J's wedding (Sept 19) I said Scarlett was starting to get her eye teeth. All the usual symptons - wicked diaper rash, chewing, etc.

It's, what, Nov 11 and they JUST popped through last week. She got the top two in one shot (she's done all her teething in pairs for whatever reason).

Seriously.

Okay, I'm supposed to be doing farm books. Boo!

 
At November 11, 2009 1:32 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Briony needs a 'chewstick' like dogs have:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home