Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Busy Bees

It's been a whirlwind here lately, which is starting to feel more like the norm and less like the exception. Not sure how I feel about that yet. But like it or not, that's our life these days.

Geoff and I took a little step back yesterday and left Briony with my parents for the day while we headed for the border... We spent the day in Grand Forks and got a head start on some Christmas shopping. It was a fun day - but it felt incredibly strange to both of us not to be planning everything we did around Briony. It was kind of nice. But we were very excited to pick her up and be a family again. This morning, she came and snuggled in bed with us and she kept on nuzzling her face up against us - just like she does with her favourite stuffed animals. It was so incredibly sweet.

Today was very much back to normal. Geoff was out the door by 09.00 for a dental appointment. I had two client calls before my friend (and former roommate) Sherri stopped by for coffee this morning. Then Geoff came home and I had just enough time to jump in the shower before heading out to meet with another client - while conferencing with yet another one on my cell phone in the car (I am *so* in trouble when that's illegal for real). Then it was back home where we traded off so that he could run an errand. And then we tagged off again so that I can get some actual billable work done.

Oh, and did I mention that my baby - who could not climb stairs at all when we dropped her off at my parents' place on Monday morning - is EASILY scooting up an entire flight of stairs today? Just saying.

Yep. Business as usual...

And in case you haven't heard, IT'S CHRISTMAS AT STARBUCKS. I went in for an Eggnog Latte this afternoon and actually walked out with something new: a Caramel Brule Latte. You should seriously consider stopping whatever you have going on right now and going to try one.

Life seems so much more manageable when you're managing it with a good coffee in one hand. At least, that's how it works for my life :)

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At November 04, 2009 9:32 PM, Anonymous Rob said...

How much Cereal did 'the boy' buy in Grand Forks?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home