Thursday, November 12, 2009

Countdown

When I wake up in the morning, we'll be just three sleeps + a bunch of hours from the end of these dastardly consecutive night shifts. (Not that I'm excited about it or anything...)

The most ridiculous part of all of this? It's Geoff's birthday on Saturday and Briony's on Monday. We'll likely only see Geoff for an hour - MAYBE two - on his birthday, so we're celebrating on Tuesday. AFTER Briony's birthday (which Geoff will be home and awake for SOME of). And we'll be celebrating Briony's birthday NEXT weekend.

Yeah. That's how we roll.

I wish I could say that I was dealing with all of this very well. I'm not. In fact, I've been dealing with it so poorly that it's kind of embarrassing.

I know that it's a combination of factors - not the least of which include a flare up, a teething baby, and the fact that I've been putting in probably 10 hours a day of client work and homework (snatches during the day and then largely after Briony's in bed and late into the night). But it's all culminating into a pretty major decision. I'm going to try going back on my 'happy pills' again tomorrow. I don't want to, but I owe it to Geoff and Briony right now to do better than I have been doing. And I want to do more than just survive this phase of our life.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At November 13, 2009 12:35 PM, Blogger Karla said...

"If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". This momma takes her happy pills every morning for the good of all of us! Sometimes I struggle with thinking that I'll be on them forever, but if that's the price I pay to give my girls an even-keeled momma, then it's worth it. It's hard, but it's worth it...
Karla (just noticed I'm logged in as my oldest daughter)

 
At November 13, 2009 1:13 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Sounds like you're working as long or longer than Geoff these days - any happy medium?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home