Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The One Where We Say Goodbye To Aaron + Cait

Monday, September 14

So 'goodbye' seemed to be the theme of our trip this time. I didn't realize just how bad it was until I realized that Briony was starting to wave on cue when we instructed her to 'say goodbye' to someone. If it wasn't so cute, I would have cried... Just kidding. Of course, I cried anyway :)

We bookended our trip by scheduling another IHOP brunch with Aaron + Cait, this time in Abbotsford because I was still pretty flared up. It was fun to spend some more time with them - and especially fun to watch Cait and Briony playing together - but there was a little tiny Eeyore-style storm cloud over top of us, knowing that this brunch would end with an indefinite goodbye. Briony did her best to keep us laughing with her new Cheerios Dance. She seriously danced every time she picked up a Cheerio, as it made its way into her mouth. Such a funny girl. We narrowly escaped an official Parking Lot Scene, only because I finally just spit out the g-word and walked away. I held it together until I saw their car drive away and I knew the coast was clear, and proceeded to burst into tears randomly about every half-hour for the rest of the day.

We said goodbye to Carole and the kids in the evening. It sounds sad, but we're kind of used to saying goodbye to them - we do it every couple of months. It doesn't make it easy. It just means that we're starting to perfect the whole process a little bit.

It all got me thinking... In the next four years, will we become accustomed to saying goodbye to Aaron + Cait the way we've become accustomed to saying goodbye to Geoff's family? Kind of a strange thought.

We got the bulk of our packing done, and then settled in for new episodes of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report (and Kanye on Leno, of course). I made it about two-thirds through my Jon Stewart fix before I crashed, but Geoff assures me it was all awesome :)

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At September 16, 2009 4:39 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

did you recognize cait's sweater? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home