Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The One Where I Order Another Shot Of Espresso

Wednesday, September 09.09

I may have run out of things to say. I know, can you believe it? I think the problem is that our life here feels pretty much like our life at home, and it's just not all that noteworthy...

Anyway.

We did nothing this morning, which was pure awesomeness. Later in the afternoon, we did some running around, but nothing really epic. I found a few new fall shirts that I felt borderline attractive in, which is kind of amazing - and I managed to pay less than full price for all of it, which is even more amazing. I don't know when I turned into a sales-and-coupons mom, but I think I'm doing a darn good job of it. Then we headed back home for a quiet evening in. Carole dropped in. We planned some of our day tomorrow. I talked to my mom and my sister and my brother on the phone (that NEVER happens all in one day - guess we've now officially been gone long enough that people have noticed, hehe).

I wasn't going to write about this, but here I go, apparently. The most noteworthy part of my day was actually kind of the opposite of noteworthy... I've been feeling so gross, and I can only remember one other time in my life that I've felt this kind of gross - and so I stopped to pick up a pregnancy test this afternoon. SHUDDER. No matter which little symbol you're hoping to see, there is nothing okay about having to pee on a plastic stick.

Anyway.

In true Lindsay form, I did the test at Starbucks while Geoff was in line. I asked him to order me a half-caf, just in case... I came out with a grin and demanded another shot of espresso. I am actually pretty sure I was doing a little bit of a happy dance out the door.

I'm just in a place where I can't imagine asking my body to do that for me again, at least not right now. I truly believe that God prepares us for these things, and if the answer had been different, we would have figured it out and been okay. But I also truly believe that God makes sure that life never hands us more than we can handle. And at this point, another baby would have fallen squarely into that category of Too Much. Actually, at this point, I'm pretty sure a broken toaster would push me uncomfortably close to that territory.

Anyway.

Starbucks again tomorrow :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At September 10, 2009 12:42 AM, Anonymous Momma said...

WHAT?? You take a pregnancy test in Starbucks? And you tell everyone on your blog but not me on the phone this evening??? Wait till you get home, young lady...

 
At September 10, 2009 11:47 AM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Yup, I guess the parents were out of this loop:)

 
At September 10, 2009 1:05 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

LOL. I did mine in the back room at Sirens. i guess it runs in the family. :) I'm happy for you guys, but a little disappointed at the same time. ha ha. PS- Sometimes your most "meaningless" blog posts are your best, and I LOVE reading your posts from out there and pretending that I'm there. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home