Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The One Where We Go To Ikea

Tuesday, September 08.09

Yeah, so Ikea Day is pretty much worth its own blog post. Sad, isn't it? ('You know you're from Winnipeg when...')

I haven't really picked up anything for ME on our last couple of trips because I've been so focused on baby stuff and things for Aaron + Cait's wedding shower. It was really fun to wander around and find a few things to bring home for *our* home. Nothing really earth-shattering, just things like new placemats that make me happy in a completely nerdy kind of way. Briony came home with Whiskers, a stuffed cat she attached to on first sight (and a few other little things, including an early birthday present from her grandma).

Later, Marilyn + Briony + I shopped for shower curtains and bathroom accessories while Geoff made the rounds to a few of his favourite stores in Richmond. Another nerdy little moment: I found some sweet bamboo cutting boards that I'd been looking for. Awesome. Would have been slightly more awesome if I'd found them at home, but they should be easy to fly home with.

I was full-on exhausted by the time we came home, and kind of grateful for the lack of Ikea in Winnipeg. Yeah, that's right - I said it. I love needing to really analyze and question everything that goes into a bag ('Do I love this enough to fly home with it?'). And I *really* love paying $1.99 per placemat and then not worrying about every person I know having the exact same placemats. Jason + Amy have matching ones here. And four provinces away, I'm totally okay with that :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home