Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Smile

I have *so* many reasons to smile today.

1. Last night, I finally went to enjoy my birthday present from Geoff - an evening at the spa where I was buffed, polished, and wrapped in imported Italian mud. It was possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever done. But I will happily admit that I'd jump at the chance to do it again. It felt AWESOME. And my skin is super soft today. It was the perfect jump-start to a nasty little stretch for our little family (Geoff is working nine out of ten shifts in a row beginning this morning).

2. I spent a couple of hours with Sherisse and Danielle yesterday, finalizing details for our high school reunion that is a mere two weeks away. I'm actually pretty excited to see people - and it's always fun to spend time with those girls.

3. Yesterday was an awesome day for my little start-up business. I had a great meeting with a potential new client, and received an email about another potential writing project. It's nothing I can talk about yet, and nothing is guaranteed, but it made me realize that I can do this. In the meantime, I had my best week so far in terms of revenue - and that was with a mini-vacation to the lake. It's still peanuts compared to what we'll need when my mat leave ends in October... But it's such a good start.

4. For some inexplicable reason, Briony didn't wake up until 10 am this morning - more than thirteen hours of solid sleep. She's generally a very good sleeper, but more of the 8 to 8 variety, and I'm absolutely okay with that. This morning, she must have sensed that mommy could use a little bit of extra sleep. The funny thing is that her best nights are ALWAYS when Geoff is home. When he's working, I can pretty much count on some sort of disruption - an early morning, a random night-time wake up, or a general refusal to go to bed at her usual time. Silly girl.

5. I read another book this week. I picked up Best Friends Forever (Jennifer Weiner) to read at the lake, and it was a fun little read. It wasn't my favourite book of hers, but it was still a good book. The only thing is that the characters - and a few little plot elements - are starting to get awfully predictable in her writing (the heroine struggles with her weight?! really??!!). Oh well. It's still better than 80% of the other chick lit that's out there. And if you haven't read all her other stuff, then maybe you won't roll your eyes at some of the little plot details like I did.

6. And in case you need a non-Lindsay-related reason to smile today... You can laugh in the general direction of Jessica Simpson instead :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home