Monday, March 16, 2009

Why

Geoff, Briony, and I were in the mall today. A saleswoman came over to coo at Briony and asked how old she was. I answered, "Four months old today, actually." And then she asked if Briony had a little brother or a little sister on the way...

Seriously. I was prepared for this to happen once or twice, but it's more like once or twice a week right now. And really, if you just found out that the baby you're looking at is barely four months old - it's not even physically possible for me to be pregnant AND showing this fast.

The very worst part? I'd been feeling really good about myself today. I did my hair and put on some cute clothes, and right before we left I took a quick look in the mirror and actually thought to myself that I looked nice.

I hate that a stranger could take that away from me. Even more, I hate that I let her.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At March 16, 2009 9:28 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Oh no, Lindsay - don't let her get you down. Stick to your goals, and don't let people like that get the best of you.

 
At March 17, 2009 8:46 AM, Blogger gloria said...

where is she? shall i mow her down with my car? :)

 
At March 17, 2009 10:24 PM, Blogger ka said...

Clearly the woman had no children. Women with children don't ask those sorts of questions...

Though I remember the first time I was in a mall with no baby. And I wanted to carry a sign that said, "Honestly, I just had a baby x number of months ago so please forgive the flab!"

And then I wondered why it mattered to me. Just one of the zillion stupid things about being a girl, I suppose. Kris has put on a few pounds this year (supposedly the downside of mostly being home with my fabulous cooking and baking) and he embraces it. Says he's off the market anyhow, so might as well take some of the appeal out for all the "single" ladies out there...

~sigh Somedays it must be so easy being a boy. Most days, actually...

 
At March 23, 2009 12:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ignorant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home