Saturday, March 14, 2009

Why I Hate Ticketmaster, or Woohoo! We're Going To Coldplay!

Okay, so Geoff and I have tickets to go see Coldplay in Winnipeg on June 15. I'm pretty excited about it... But not as excited as I *could* have been. Let me tell you a little story.

Geoff got up early this morrning and went to purchase Coldplay tickets at the MTS Centre (we've had the best luck getting wicked seats for shows when we do it this way vs pre-sale tickets or ordering online). When he got to the window at 10 am, he asked for two of the best floor seats available - and the agent mistakenly typed in a request for four tickets. The tickets that came up were on the floor in Row 9, but we only wanted two of them... When the agent went to correct her mistake, the best tickets she could offer were in Section 127, Row 14 (for the same ridiculous price as the good seats, of course). We purchased these tickets because we really wanted to see Coldplay, but these are comparatively TERRIBLE seats, right at the back of the arena. It will be frustrating for us to attend the concert knowing that we *should* have been sitting in sweet Row 9 seats.

Anyway. I sent a nasty email to Ticketmaster, just to make myself feel better. And I'm excited that we got tickets at all. I know that I should be feeling zen waves of gratitude that we get to go, that we can afford to go, and all that other good stuff - but for the moment, I'm pretty annoyed.

I think I'm going to go watch Entourage reruns, and brew the very last of my Starbucks Christmas Blend bean stash. That always cheers me up :)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At March 14, 2009 4:14 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

You turned down two extra 9th-row tickets? Methinks you may have some angry friends when they read this post. I can't imagine it would have taken you more than about 95 seconds to resell those for a profit. (not to be critical...I'm just jealous that you get to go at all)

 
At March 14, 2009 4:22 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Yeah, um, note that I was not the one at Ticketmaster making split-second decisions :)

 
At March 14, 2009 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So wait you turned down four good seats, and ended up with two OK seats and you're mad at Ticketmaster? Seems like another case of somebody looking to blame someone else for their own mistakes.

 
At March 14, 2009 6:01 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Um, thanks Anonymous. It takes a big person to point that out anonymously :)

 
At March 14, 2009 6:05 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

I may be a ass, but at least I'm not an anonymous ass.

 
At March 15, 2009 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it wasn't me--anonymous

 
At March 15, 2009 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh well, we ARE all only human:) And just think how much smarter everyone is now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home