Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Sunday

Mmmm. Good weekend. Not for any particular - or particularly fabulous - reason, it just was.

Yesterday was quiet other than the whole Coldplay Incident of 2009. We went for a walk with Briony in the afternoon and hung out in Starbucks for a bit (hooray for babies who are totally cool with hanging out in Starbucks), then we picked up sushi for dinner. Emily came over in the evening and was my date for Kris & Kari-Ann's social - good times in Elm Creek, hehe. Although Donna apparently still hates me. Go figure :)

Em stayed over, and we all met Paul at The Meeting Place for church - my first time (believe it or not) and I really liked it. We ran into lots of old friends, and I met some really great people in the baby room. Then it was back to our place where Geoff dug a path to our barbecue and we grilled some steaks with garlic smashed potatoes, asparagus, and lots of mushrooms. It made me *so* excited for spring! We all enjoyed some Demetri Martin and some conversation in the afternoon - that great, comfortable conversation that can only happen with really good friends.

It was just good. I know that weekends don't really mean what they used to mean in my world given that I'm on mat leave and Geoff's schedule doesn't differentiate between weekdays vs weekends... But they still feel significant in my head somehow. And this one - though kind of busy - felt refreshing. I love that.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At March 15, 2009 9:07 PM, Blogger ka said...

Donna claims to have hardly recognized you. You used to be blonde, remember. :)

Thanks for coming. Sorry we didn't get to chat more. But you totally rock for driving out to the Creek for a small town party. My girls are THE BEST!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home