Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Recipe: Beef Stroganoff

Did you hear? It's Slow Cooker Week here at RunLindsayRun. All week, I'll be testing recipes for your culinary enjoyment.

-

The Recipe:

SLOW COOKER BEEF STROGANOFF
*Modified from a Kraft recipe

2 lb stewing beef
2 c mushrooms, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 c beef broth
1 tsp salt
1 c sour cream*
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp Dijon mustard*

Place meat, mushrooms, onion, and garlic in slow cooker. Add broth, paprika, and salt. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours. Mix sour cream, flour, and mustard. Add to slow cooker and stir until blended. Cover and cook an additional 15-30 minutes. Serve over hot egg noddles with a sprinkle of fresh parsley.

*If you're feeling extra lazy, you can substitute a tub of Herb & Garlic Light Cream Cheese for the sour cream and dijon mustard.

The Evidence:

No picture available, so you'll just have to make it yourself and then you'll know exactly what it looks like :)

The Review:

Full disclosure: I wasn't home for dinner tonight, so I pulled out this recipe from a couple of months ago.

I'm always looking for lazy ways to make comfort food. Enter the slow cooker. And enter a simple Beef Stroganoff recipe.

There is nothing special about this, but it's a delicious smell to come home to - and it's one of those recipes that's super-easy to freeze and enjoy as leftovers later.

The Verdict:

Geoff complained about the mushrooms, of course. But he still eats it whenever I make it. (I'll admit to putting extra mushrooms in... It's my favourite part of this dish.) And everyone else I know who's tried it loves it.

This is in my recipe book, and I will be making it again. It's foolproof.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At February 13, 2009 12:03 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

This looks very similar to a recipe my mom made for us last week, except that hers had a lot (I think almost two cups) of Merlot. Verrrrry nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home