Saturday, February 07, 2009

Slow Cooker Week

Is this blog getting *way* too nerdy for you?

I have declared this week Slow Cooker Week at the Wright household. I've been trying to use mine once a week this winter, and it's been great - but I have a list of recipes that I want to try, and so I've decided to use mine every night this week.

I chose five *new* recipes and we went shopping this afternoon - so we're good to go. Stay tuned for reviews of this week's dinners. In addition to this, I'm planning to post two recipes that I tried earlier this month, so it will be a full week of slow cooker recipe reviews here at RunLindsayRun (because a recipe's really no good if you don't know what to expect). If you have a few goodies of your own, please share them in the comments.

Are you excited? I don't really care, because I am currently excited enough for *all* of us :)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At February 07, 2009 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear about new recipes. My medium sized crockpot is currently simmering our rabbit for stew after my bigger one 'died'. Had to finish a bit on the stove for supper:)

 
At February 07, 2009 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is she being serious about the rabbit? Am I being gullible? We have some cute ones in the yard that might be tasty...

 
At February 08, 2009 8:08 AM, Blogger Danae said...

I am very excited to hear those recipes!

 
At February 08, 2009 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh yummy! Bring on the recipes and reviews!!! I'll try to find my good ones for you.

 
At February 08, 2009 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm excited because I WILL master the dang thing!

 
At February 08, 2009 8:33 PM, Blogger Jolene said...

I am really excited about your reviews. Miguel and I just bought a more reliable slowcooker and we have been trying out some new recipes ourselves. I made a fabulous chicken taco soup the other day. It took me 5 minutes in the morning before work! I was so pumped...yes...I am amused by slow-cooker recipes. That's life right now.

 
At February 09, 2009 9:37 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Marilyn - Good for you! I am *so* not an experimental meat person. And in my books, rabbit belongs with lamb (in a petting zoo).

Mom - Ew.

Danae - I'm so excited that other people are excited about this :)

Heather & Jolene - I'd love to swap recipes with you. Please email them over!

Erin - You're my inspiration for this week. Good luck, my friend...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home