Sunday, February 08, 2009

An Outdoor Adventure

Today, Geoff and I took Briony for her first-ever outdoor adventure. It was a balmy -4 here, so we put her into her snowsuit, unpacked the stroller, and walked up and down Wellington Crescent this afternoon.

It was awesome to get out of the house and get some exercise, and it was so beautiful outside... The whole time I was pregnant, I was looking forward to understated little family times *exactly* like today. I'll admit that I teared up a little bit. It was just so very good for my heart.

And Briony slept through the whole thing :)



Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At February 09, 2009 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She has nice rosy cheeks. Sounds like a great way to spend a warmish winter day. I remember you talking about being able to do this as a family while you were pregnant and now you did...feels good, doesn't it?

 
At February 09, 2009 4:19 PM, Blogger Amber said...

I love her cheeks and her too-big toque! EEE!

 
At February 09, 2009 6:34 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

ahhh...that is so cool to hear. Good you went yesterday...today would have been a different story.

 
At February 09, 2009 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And that is what new babies are supposed to do on a nice walk outdoors - sleep:)

Glad you all enjoyed it.

 
At February 09, 2009 9:39 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Amber - It was TWO hats + a hood. Because I'm apparently That Mom :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home