Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The Beginning of the End

My mom finished radiation yesterday. I cried off and on all day - happy tears, for a change. This is truly the beginning of the end. For the first time, my mom can HEAL (and not just heal enough for them to hit her with the next round of not-fun treatments). She still has lots and lots of healing to do - and a surgery scheduled for February 4 - but today was big and important.

My cousin Shelly made my mom, Briony, and Chloe matching hats for when they were presumably all bald... And then Chloe was born with a full head of hair. Anyway. We decided to take the picture of the three of them on this most auspicious occasion: just an hour after my mom finished radiation.



Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At January 08, 2009 12:04 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Congrats to your mom! I'm so happy for her :)

And those pictures are adorable (that hats are fantastic!). Briony's sleeping again though, surprise, surprise ;)

 
At January 08, 2009 12:42 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Those pictures are awesome! So cute. By the way, I WILL respond to your email request tonight - it's been mental at our place.

Congrats Sheri on being done!

 
At January 08, 2009 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, tears of joy, joy, joy for all who have walked with Sherri and family this year! Just one more hurdle.
Such lovely photos...

 
At January 08, 2009 3:09 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Wow, congratulations to your mom and your whole family -- that's excellent news.

 
At January 08, 2009 9:00 PM, Blogger gloria said...

how awesome are those hats?!?!

 
At January 08, 2009 10:45 PM, Blogger Tannis said...

That second shot of your mom is especially beautiful, I love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home