Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dear Universe

Dear Universe

This is just getting stupid already.

Last week, we got the news about my mom's upcoming surgery, which was really, really disappointing. Everything in my life has just been a little bit magnified since then (code for 'over-reacting' and being way too emotional, I realize) because I'm feeling a little bit raw.

And now I feel like you've been messing with me a little this weekend. I packed up B on Friday to come and spend Friday and Saturday with my parents, because Geoff was working nights all weekend anyway. Yesterday, when I packed up and tried to go home, I realized that I didn't have my house key - and Geoff was already at work. So we unpacked and stayed another night. Then there was The Vomit Incident. And now, when I packed up and tried to go home this afternoon, my car wouldn't start. And not even my dad's mad car-boosting skills could fix it. So we unpacked and settled in for the afternoon (alone, because my parents had tickets for the curling finals this afternoon).

By the time my now plugged-in car is ready to go, Geoff will be leaving for work yet again... And I miss him. I'm finished with this single parent thing. Universe, you play MEAN TRICKS.

So please consider relenting, and being just a tiny bit nicer to me for the rest of this weekend. Even though it may seem like you've broken me and I'm very near tears... Mark my words, I will have the last laugh.

Sincerely,
Lindsay M Wright

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home