Thursday, September 11, 2008

Meltdown

So last night, I officially joined the ranks of Pregnant Women Who Have Melted Down About The Unfinished State Of The Nursery.

Ugh.

I'm not proud. And it's one of the true miracles of pregnancy why sometimes these things come out as tears and not as rational, adult conversations.

I can't really explain it to Geoff. I just have this innate NEED to have the nursery mostly done by the end of September. I'm fully aware that it's a month earlier than what any man would consider to be 'reasonable' (ooh, I'm really starting to hate that word - hehe). But I am very reluctant to leave any major projects for when I'm on mat leave. I'd rather guard that time and set it aside for little finishing touches, some time with Geoff, and some time for myself. And I don't have the luxury of pretending that this baby isn't on her way... Not with a tiny little person squishing the oxygen out of my lungs and dropkicking my bladder.

Am I being crazy?

Sigh. I'm being crazy.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At September 11, 2008 11:30 AM, Blogger gloria said...

yer not crazy, you are being a mommy. and that's beautiful

 
At September 11, 2008 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the meltdown caused a bit of action on the male side of this equation:) YOU are perfectly normal - pregnant, organs squished and pummelled. Glad you remind Geoff of this occasionally.

 
At September 11, 2008 12:30 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

I had a couple of those crying and panicking for reasons that made complete sense to me at the time moments. I believe Jen called it "nesting" when I told her about it on the phone. I've found myself in the baby room every single day this week if not just to move one little thing an inch to the right or an inch to the left or to fold and refold all those little clothes. I think the more you get done now, the more time you have to focus on what's important later. And the more familiar you become with all of these new little people things and this room in your house that doesn't look like something that you've ever had before, the better. It's a mommy thing I think. Some people don't even get that instinct -- so, from where I stand with my little expertise, you are headed into becoming an amazing mother.

 
At September 11, 2008 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have moments like that and I'm not even pregnant! So no, you are not crazy! It does help to have the big stuff done so you can focus on you and baby once you are on mat leave.

 
At September 11, 2008 1:37 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Crazy? Husbands of pregnant women might say yes. Normal? ABSOLUTELY! I only managed to avoid the very common "nursery meltdown" because I insisted on finishing ours in month 5 which Shane also found to be complete lunacy.

I think the way you're going about it is just right!

 
At September 11, 2008 1:43 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Thanks, girls. I feel a little better - and a lot more normal - about all of this after reading your comments :)

Marilyn - I laughed out loud when I read your comment. You know your son.

Nicole - Yeah. The word 'ludicrous' actually came up last night in our house, just before all the tears started.

 
At September 11, 2008 3:00 PM, Blogger Charlene said...

you are sooo not being crazy. aside from the fact that you are in the nesting period (which hit me like a ton of bricks with a month left of my pregnancy) you need to spend the final stage of your pregnancy relaxing and doing the final preperations...just don't do what I did...I spent my last month cleaning every square inch of my house, moving the furniture (which my doc wasn't too supportive of, nor was my husband) and just general "not relaxing" :-) you are so normal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home